April 2, 2012

Pray for Mali

Many of you are aware of the crisis occurring in Mali right now. On March 21st, a coup of soldiers attacked the capital city, primarily to oust the President, who in their opinion did not support their efforts in protecting the north from Tuareg rebels. West African (Ivory Coastneighbors have closed down borders to trade and access to bank accounts giving the coup leaders until today to step down or the country will experience an economic blockade.

School to the Nations has a deep connection with many different people in Mali and our hearts are burdened for their safety and continuing spiritual growth throughout this crisis. We are asking you to lift up the country of Mali and pray for peace.

If you would commit to joining us in prayer, here are prayer points to help guide your prayers:

--- that God will provide a peaceful resolution to the conflict, sparing further fighting and potential loss of life


-- for wisdom among world leaders as they attempt to diffuse the situation

-- for special protection for women and children in Mali as they are often targets of violence and abuse during periods of unrest

-- that God will use the situation to open opportunities for the Gospel to provide hope to Malians who do not know Christ


--for protection of our new church plants and new believers in the villages STN has invested in


--for relief from the ongoing drought which adds to the hardship during crisis

--for missionaries currently serving in Mali, protection and safety for their families 

 --for the future of Malian missions, that the door will continue to stay open to the Gospel 


To read more about what is happening click here for an article explaining more. 

 LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
 Psalm 16:5-8

(Photos by: James Copeland)



No comments:

Post a Comment